Crisis Assessment – an immediate evaluation of the client will be done by a New Horizons CSH psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioner with a psych certificate, Ph.D. clinical psychologist, or Master’s Level crisis-trained mental health practitioner, to:
- Determine that the client’s behavior is a serious deviation from his or her baseline level of functioning caused by a mental health crisis.
- Provide immediate intervention to relieve the client’s distress.
- Evaluate, in a culturally appropriate way the client’s current:
- Life situation.
- Sources of stress.
- Risk behaviors.
- Mental health problems.
- Strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Cultural considerations.
- Support network.
- Level of functioning.
- Willingness to accept voluntary treatment.
- Whether the client has an advance directive.
- History and information obtained from family clients.